Projects in Nozbe
- Projects in Action (video)
- What Is a Project and How to Create It
- Project List in the Sidebar
- Edit Several Projects at Once
- Project's Infobar
- Project's Settings in the Infobar
- Advanced: Grouping Projects with Labels
- Hint: What to do when you delete a project and want it back?
- Related Free Course: Step 2: Projects of "10 Steps to Ultimate Productivity"
Projects in Action (video)
What Is a Project?
A project is anything that requires more than one step to complete. Therefore every complex action is a project - your goals become projects.
How to Create a Project
To create a project click the Projects tab on the icon bar on the left. This will show you the current project list:
In order to add a new project click on the big plus icon on the bottom bar.
In this view you can also (but you don‘t have to) set the entire project parameters already while adding it:
- Type the project name in the popup window
- Add description to your project and add all relevant details about this project for you to remember and for all people who join it as additional information
- Invite people you wish to work on this project with
- Labels to attach this project to one of existing labels or just create a new one
- Create the project from a template, add the entire project with all tasks so quickly! It is so handy!
- Set color of this project
- After setting all parameters do not forget to create the new project with all important details in only one step by selecting ‘the create‘ button.
Project List in the Sidebar
Below, you will find definitions of all the icons located in the project section's Sidebar (where your project list is):
- Shows and allows you to filter project list by existing labels
- Allows you to find a project in the current list
- Please note two types of icons next to the project's name. They indicate the number of active actions in given project and whether it's a private or shared project. A "full circle" icon tells you that the project is private and visible only to you.
- The "double circle" icon indicates that there are other users invited to the project
- Allows you to view and reactivate completed and archived projects
- Opens an additional bar where projects can be edited (see the "Edit View" below)
- The button used to add a new project
Edit Several Projects at Once
Here is a description of the icons in the Edit view used for editing your projects. Please note that in this view you can edit several projects at the same time.
- Click on this icon to select all projects at once
- Click on the "Done" icon to quit this view
- Lets you select the projects to be edited
- Click on the project name to edit it
- Drag here to reorder the project list by drag and drop
- Clicking on the Trash icon to delete selected projects
- Click here to mark selected projects as completed
- Select projects you wish to edit (1). By clicking on ‘change‘ (2) you can open an additional window, where the project details can be changed. See below:
In this view, you can change, edit or add the following items:
- Labels (3)
- Colors you mark your projects with (4)
Please do not forget that in this view you'll edit all of the selected projects at the same time. Do not forget to save the changes when you finished with ‘Done‘ (5) button.
9. Allows you to sort the project list alphabetically
Here, you can manage all the information and details of the project you've selected.
At the top of the Infobar you will find several icons:
Settings - the main Infobar menu
Activity - shows all activities in this project (who did what and when)
Paperclip - attachments section (includes Evernote, Dropbox and Box files/archives you have added to Nozbe)
Just edit the project name (1) or add your project description here (2) As always do not forget to save the changes.
Project's Settings in the Infobar
Filter - filter tasks within the project. The filter options depend on the parameters used
Sort - tasks can be sorted by name, time needed or due date
Print Options - click on this icon to see the printing options in this view
Share project - invite people to share the project with you or leave the project someone invited you to, see with whom you´re sharing this project with
Invite more people - invite more people to this project
Change project color - click on this icon to set or change the project color
Change labels - add new, change or remove a project label here
List of related templates - update this project template here
Create new template - save this project as a template
Complete project - mark the project as completed here
Owner - see who created the project
Creation Date - check when project was created
Delete - delete the project in this view
What to do when you delete a project and want it back?
First, open your list of completed project and check if it isn't there. You can find this list by going to "Projects" list and scrolling it down till you see "Show completed". When you tap on the button, you see all your completed and archived projects.
If your project is not there, you should write to us (email@example.com). We will need additional information such as project's name, deletion date and your account's e-mail address.
Please remember that we can recover a project within 30 days from its deletion. Afterwards, it is not possible.