Your Inbox in Nozbe
- Video Introduction to Inbox in Nozbe
- Introduction to Inbox and Adding Tasks to Nozbe
- Overview of Task Parameters
- Magic Arrow - Add Tasks to the Top or Bottom of Your List
- Converting a Task to a Project
- Nozbe Advice: Clean Your Inbox Every Week (Inbox-Zero)
- Related free course: Step 1: Inbox of "10 Steps to Ultimate Productivity"
Video introduction to Inbox in Nozbe
Watch this short video introducing the concept of Inbox for your tasks:
Introduction to Inbox and Adding Tasks to Nozbe
The place to capture all the things that have to be done. All thoughts, ideas, tasks (professional or private) and all the little or big things you have to manage.
You will find your Inbox on the left side of the Nozbe window.
Just click on it and you will move to the Inbox view.
To add your first Inbox task just click on the plus button in the bottom right corner of your Nozbe app:
Now put here all the tasks you are thinking about. All to-do's, tasks, ideas, everything that comes to your mind. This way you can fully focus on your next goal. You can add text, checklist, file or picture as a task comment Under the ‘…‘ It is possible to edit the comment, pin (as the favorite one on the top of the comment list) or to create a new task with it. Comments added by you can be deleted there as well.
Overview of Task Parameters
Every task can have several parameters:
- It can belong to Inbox, or any other project
- Can be assigned to one or more categories
- You can specify time needed for the task's completion
- Can have a due date
- Can repeat every certain amount of time (day, week, month...)
Magic Arrow - Add Tasks to the Top or Bottom of Your List
By default, you're adding tasks to the top of your list. You can also choose to add them to the bottom of the list by clicking on a "magic arrow".
When it points up, tasks go to the top:
When the arrow points down, tasks go to the bottom of the list:
Arrow can be set up or down when adding tasks on your iPhone or iPad as well!
Converting a Task to a Project
If a task seems too big, you can convert it to a project:
- You need to pick the task by selecting it
- Once it is displayed, choose the „three dots“ icon on the bottom of the Nozbe window
- Select from the dropdown list the "Convert to project" button
Please note that all the comments and materials attached to your task will automatically be converted into attachments of a newly created project and you will be able to view them by choosing the paper clip icon in the icobar on the right hand side of your project view. If you added a checklist, all its items will be converted into separate tasks in your new project.
Nozbe Advice: Clean Your Inbox Every Week (Inbox-Zero)
You can process your Inbox to zero by going through each and every item you have there and deciding what to do with it next: whether to move it to a different project, get it done quickly, delegate or convert to a project.
Remember: your Inbox is not a place to store your tasks. You have to make sure to process this view at least once a week and clean it up.
You can move tasks to projects by selecting them from list in popup window:
On desktop you can also:
- Show projects list
- Drag and drop task to specific project