- How Evernote Works with Nozbe (Video)
- Why Nozbe Works So Well with Evernote
- How to Enable Integration with Evernote
- How to Attach Your Evernote Notes to Projects
- How to Add Evernote Notes as Comments to Tasks
- How to Automatically Sync Evernote Reminders with Nozbe
How Evernote Works with Nozbe (Video)
Why Nozbe Works So Well with Evernote
Integration with Evernote is one of most useful features in Nozbe. You can access it regardless of the account owned in Nozbe. Even a free Evernote and free Nozbe are sufficient for using your Evernote notes as reference materials within your Nozbe. You can either keep them under attachments area of your project or/and add them directly to actions in the form of comments. To do so, you will first need to authorize Nozbe’s access to your Evernote account, and that can be done from the "Settings" section.
How to Enable Integration with Evernote
Choose "Settings" from the left-hand bar(1). Then select "Integrations"(2). Integration with Evernote(3) is 3rd from the top.
Click the button and authorize Nozbe's access(3).
Upon confirming you will be taken to the following screen:
- The access token is valid only 1-year after which you will need to re-authorize (this is the case of this test account)
- In case of re-authorization please click this button; in case of new set up you will only have "authorize" button
- Provides you with information on what Nozbe will be able to do and what it won't. Please read it careful as to avoid confusion later on
Once the process is completed, you will be taken to the Integrations view in your Nozbe account. You will also receive confirmation email from Evernote to your email.
And from now on you will be able to see your notes in Nozbe. Please do remember that they are your reference materials, so if you wish to update them, it needs to be in the app of their origin = in Evernote.
How to Attach Your Evernote Notes to Projects
Now, to see your Evernote notes in Nozbe follow instructions below:
- Access the list of your projects
- Choose any
- Locate and click on the "i" icon to open the info bar
- Pick the "paper clip" icon to access the attachments area of a project
Clicking the "+" will open the attachment options where you will need to choose "Evernote note" from the dropdown list:
At this point, Nozbe using the Evernote API will locate your notes with some options:
- You can filter your notes by name
- The list of your recent (max. 100) Evernote notes
- First part of the list is a list of suggested notes - here you will find notes tagged with the same name as your Nozbe project. Second part of the list - shows the rest of your recent notes
OK, you may ask what if a note that I want to add is not among my 100 recent notes in Evernote? You can search for it:
Just start typing in the field (1) and after entering at least three characters (2), a link will appear. Click/Tap on it to search for e.g. “Gra” in your Evernote account.
A new section - found notes have been attached to the list of notes. These are results of your “Gra” query, and they include all the notes with this phrase in the title or the body of a note. It is the native Evernote search. It also supports advanced search features like in the Evernote app.
You can choose more than one note to be attached at once and after selecting them, please click the “Save” button that will appear at the top.
- Save button
- List of selected notes
- You can add additional comment to your notes
The notes you have selected will be displayed under project attachments from now on and will be visible for all project participants.
If you wish to preview an Evernote attachment, simply click on it.
Please note the buttons on the border of this preview:
- Hides the note and allows you to go back in Nozbe to what you were doing
- Allows you to display the note in a browser
- Creates a task with this note as attachment to it
- "More" button -> leads to 3 options:
- change project
- favorite (pins a note to the top of the attachments list)
Please, note that options 3. and 4. are available only when you preview an attachment in the project's info bar.
How to Add Evernote Notes as Comments to Tasks
You may want to attach your notes to tasks instead of projects. This comes particularly handy if you need the notes as a fast reference for what needs to be done in a given action.
In such case, all you need to do is create a new comment in the desired project, change the comment format option from Text to Evernote and use the same mechanism as in project attachments, described above. You might also have a look at how to add comments in Nozbe.
How to Automatically Sync Evernote Reminders with Nozbe
This requires no special action on your part unless you do not wish to have it. Reminders will automatically synchronize into your Inbox once you set up the integration. They will all bear “Evernote reminder” category and be set as actions to the date and time you have chosen for them in Evernote, with the note being a comment.
Now when you complete the task in Nozbe or change its due date, it would also change in Evernote and vice versa. Changing reminders date in Evernote or marking it as done would sync to Nozbe.
Please note that if you remove reminder in Evernote task in Nozbe would not disappear.