Adding tasks via Siri
On iOS 11 and higher, you can add tasks to Nozbe via Siri on your iPhone and iPad. Please note it does not work on macOS or Apple Watch. It may come in future updates.
- Setting up Siri
After installing Nozbe from the App Store, you will be prompted to grant access to Siri. Just tap
OK, and that’s it. If you haven’t been asked for it automatically, go to the Settings app on your iPhone -> Nozbe -> Siri & Search and make sure that you have both options turned on.
- How to talk to Siri
On iOS, you cannot select your default app for tasks/reminders. That’s why if you say to Siri:
"Remind me about sending wedding invitations tomorrow at 5 PM" Siri will add it to iOS Reminders app, not Nozbe. If you want to add the task/reminder to Nozbe, you have explicitly say this. We recommend to say it at the begin of a sentence. Here are some examples:
"In Nozbe remind me to do my weekly review on Friday at 8 AM"
"Using Nozbe add a task to prepare a Keynote to presentation list" - if you want to add task to specific project in Nozbe you need to use word “list” instead of project
Siri understands adding tasks with:
- due dates and time
- basic recurrence patterns
"In Nozbe add a task to call John #priority" - You can also use Hashtags to add other parameters. Just say “hashtag priority”.
You can enable Nozbe Widget in iOS Today View. Just tap on
Edit button and select Nozbe form the list of apps.
Access your Priority list data very quickly using Nozbe iOS widget. The widget shows only most recent tasks on the Priority list and is available online.
Within the widget you can:
- Open the add task window in your Inbox within the Nozbe app
- Open the task directly in the app
- Complete a task directly in the widget.
- Open a priority list within the Nozbe app
Nozbe on iPhone has a new cool feature we call the keyboard assistant. When typing in new tasks, you’ll see three new buttons above the keyboard:
- Direction arrow. Usually, tasks are added to the top of the list in Nozbe. However, sometimes you might want to append them to the bottom, for example, when noting low-priority items, or when you start a new project and want to enter multiple tasks from top to bottom.
- Hashtag key. When adding new tasks, you can use the hashtag notation to mark them with extra parameters. For example, “Review this project #tomorrow #every week” will make the task due tomorrow, then repeating every week. It isn’t a new feature, but the “#” key is now instantly reachable. (We also made many improvements to the hashtag suggestion list.)
- Priority switch. You can now mark a new task as a priority from any place in the app without leaving the keyboard area. Before, you would have to add the task, open it, and then mark it as a priority. (Or you would have to know about the secret “#!” hashtag parameter :)) Now, just tap the star before pressing the return/Next button, and whatever it is you’re creating, it’s a priority!
Sharing from other apps in iOS is very easy thanks to Share extension support. Just tap
Share button in-app options, select Nozbe and add a task. The item that you wish to share will be added as a comment to a task. Please note that adding a task via Share extension supports hashtags so you can easily set task parameters.
Nozbe for iOS and Mac support some URL Schemes. They allow to build some automated workflows. Below you can find list of available paths:
- goto actions:
nozbe://goto#na- Opens Priority list
nozbe://goto#inbox- Opens Inbox
nozbe://goto#calendar-this_week- Opens This week view in Calendar
nozbe://goto#unread_comments- Opens Unread comments view
nozbe://goto#search-phrase- Searches for
phraseand opens search results view
nozbe://goto#settings-account- Opens Account settings view
nozbe://goto#na/task-hQubONWxJHKxDwLH- Opens task with ID:
hQubONWxJHKxDwLHin Priority view. To get the task ID open a task in app.nozbe.com and copy it from address bar
nozbe://task/hQubONWxJHKxDwLH- Opens task with ID:
hQubONWxJHKxDwLHin its project view
nozbe://project/FmZ5zpoSFZoIgb7W- Opens project with ID:
nozbe://category/BlFBSzmEVbifbeP2- Opens category with ID:
nozbe://star/task_id- Adds task with ID:
task_idto Priority list
nozbe://unstar/task_id- Removes task with ID:
task_idfrom Priority list
nozbe://priority?label=LabelName- Adds filter on Priority list by label named
nozbe://add_to_inbox- Opens new task form in Inbox view
nozbe://add_to_inbox?name=Foo- Opens new task form in Inbox view and fills input with
nozbe://add_task?name=Foo- Adds new task in Inbox named
nozbe://add_task?name=Foo%20bar%20%23!&project_id=FmZ5zpoSFZoIgb7W- Adds new priority task named
Foo barto the project with ID:
nozbe://add_project?name=Foo%20ProjectAdds new project named
nozbe://add_project?name=Pakowanie&template_id=wmAF26uFbNFUxUFe- Creates new private project from template with ID: